Evaluating Military Experience to Qualify for Licensure

The Board’s Licensing staff will review your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214) or its equivalent and the education and training transcript provided by your branch of the military. Even if your military transcript is unavailable, please provide the Board with a copy of your DD-214 so that Licensing staff can fully evaluate your applicable military training and experience.

Your Joint Service Transcript / Military Transcript may be requested by using the following links:

CSE Info

  • Successful completion of the California Supplemental Examination (CSE) is required of all candidates prior to licensure.
  • The Application for California Supplemental Examination is mailed to reciprocity candidates once they are deemed eligible to take the CSE. Candidate information is sent to the Board’s examination vendor, PSI, once they have mailed a completed Application for California Supplemental Examination and paid the $100 examination application fee to the Board.
  • For more information regarding the CSE, please visit our CSE page.

Military Spouse / Domestic Partners

A spouse or domestic partner of active duty military may be eligible for expedited licensure if they hold a license in another US jurisdiction. Expedited Licensure information is located on the Board’s reciprocity page.