- What's New
- Board Meetings
- Board Subscriber List
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Expedited Licensure for Military Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Legislation and Regulations
- License Verification
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
- Recommended Links
- Renewal Waiver for Active Duty Military Licensees
- Disaster Preparedness
The Board licenses individual architects, not firms or corporations. California architect licenses expire on the last day of the licensee's birth month in each odd-numbered year and must be renewed every two years.
To obtain information on an individual licensee, the Board has provided an online tool which will allow you to search by name, city, county and/or license number. The information is subject to change as license status is updated. Updates are performed nightly.
Accusations filed and disciplinary decisions that are effective on or after January 1, 2010, are displayed for affected licensees. Please contact the Board for accusations and disciplinary decisions prior to January 1, 2010.
For the most current license information, you may contact the Board at (916) 574-7220 or send an email (email@example.com). Please provide the name(s) and any additional information regarding the individual when making your request. A response will be transmitted to you within 3-5 business days of your inquiry. Please be aware that public information is restricted to license number, name, address of record, license issue and expiration dates, and enforcement and disciplinary actions. Telephone numbers are not provided.