Mission, Vision, and Values
The California Architects Board protects consumers in an efficient and effective manner by establishing standards for professional qualifications, ensuring competence through examinations, setting practice standards, and enforcing the Architects Practice Act.
The California Architects Board will play a major role in ensuring that architects provide quality professional services.
- California architects will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities enabling them to meet the expectations of clients and consumers.
- California architects will be competent in all areas of practice and will adhere to professional standards of technical competency and conduct.
- Candidates will have access to the necessary education and training opportunities.
- Consumers will have access to an adequate supply of architects and will have the information they need to make informed choices for procuring architectural services.
The California Architects Board will strive for high quality in all of its programs, making it an effective and efficient architectural regulatory organization. To that end, the Board will:
- Be participatory, through continuing involvement with NCARB and other organizations;
- Be professional, by treating all persons who interact with the Board as valued customers;
- Focus on prevention, providing information and education to consumers, candidates, clients, licensees, and others;
- Be progressive, utilizing the most advanced means for providing services; and
- Be proactive, exercising leadership among consumer protection and professional practice groups.