California Supplemental Examination (CSE) - Reference Material
Check this page periodically for future updates.
Candidates should review and be familiar with B102, B201, and A201 of the 2007 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Contract Documents, and the following California-specific codes:
- California Environmental Quality Act;
- California Coastal Zone Conservation Act;
- Regulations related to essential services buildings, historical buildings, accessibility for the disabled, energy conservation, and the contents of the 2013 triennial edition of the California Code of Regulations, Title 24 (California Building Standards Code); and
- Agency regulations related to the purview of the US Army Corp of Engineers, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (as they pertain to architectural practice in California).
Candidates should also be knowledgeable about and understand the California Mechanics Lien Laws, the use of the Notice of Completion, and the California Architects Practice Act.
* Title 24 Parts listed above can also be found at your local library, county law library, or architectural college library. A listing of Title 24 depositories is available from the California Building Standards Commission.
Reference material supplies may be limited and the time needed to process your request lengthy, please order items from sources as soon as possible.