In California from Another US Jurisdiction

In addition to the requirements on the reciprocity overview page, a candidate, who is licensed or registered in another US jurisdiction, must either:

  • Have a current and valid certification issued by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) and apply through the NCARB Certification process; or
  • Provide verification of eight years of experience pre- or post-licensure through either work experience or a combination of work experience and education (transcripts must be submitted by the school to the Board, submissions by a candidate are not acceptable) and apply through the experience process.

If licensed less than three years, provide evidence of completion of the NCARB Architectural Experience Program.