In addition to completing the initial license requirements, a candidate seeking a license through reciprocity must maintain a current and valid license or registration in another US jurisdiction or current and valid NCARB Certificate. All reciprocity candidates must sign and submit a complete California Architect Reciprocity Application (PDF, 263K).